General GPS References and Information
- AMSA Differential Beacons - where they are in Australia, their coverage and frequencies
- GPS and mapping information from - Geoscience Australia
- GPS news, product reviews on - Joe Mehaffey's website
- GPS is used for Navigation in all types of outdoor pursuits. Below is a hanglider soaring a hill near Geralton WA.
Software and Map Data for GNSS receivers
- Garmin Basecamp to download points and obtain latest firm ware for your Garmin GPS.
- Garmin Custom Maps Allows you to upload your own maps into a Garmin hand held GPS unit.
- Mapsource For straight forward uploading and downloading points and tracks from Garmin GPS.
- QGIS Free open source geographic Information System.
- Shonky Maps A good free topographic map of Australia that can be uploaded to a Garmin GPS when using Mapsource software.
- Expert GPS allows you to import points to Garmin and other GPS units.
- Ozi Explorer Realtime display your position and heading against a map on your laptop or tablet.
- Easy GPS Free software for uploading points to your GPS receiver.